A 3-year Staff Scientist position (Ricercatore CNR a tempo determinato) is available at the Istituto di Biochimica e Biologia Cellulare of Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IBBC – CNR) in Naples to manage a recently installed single-molecule biophysics laboratory. The project aims to study the functional interplay between DNA replication and sister chromatid cohesion using in vitro reconstituted human multi-protein complexes that will be analyzed with a C-trap instrument equipped with quadrupolar optical tweezers (Lumicks).
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a proven track record in single-molecule studies and with specific experience with the C-trap system. Ability to work independently and expertise in protein biochemistry and biophysics are essential.
The successful candidate will be a key member involved in several projects and responsible for experimental designing, data acquisition and analysis of single-molecules in collaboration with other members of the team.
• +2 years of experience in single molecule biophisycs (especially of proteins and protein complexes interacting with nucleic acids and/or DNA enzymes)
• PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or a related field of science;
• Experience in single-molecule data acquisition and analysis ;
• Excellent laboratory skills and trouble-shooting;
• Ability to interact effectively with other team members and other research groups;
• Proven team building and problem-solving skills;
• Fluency in English.
Please apply sending the following documents to Francesca Pisani (email@example.com):
· a full CV
· a motivation letter describing the background relevant to the offered position
· names and contacts of 2 referees
For additional information about the position, contact Francesca Pisani (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Candidates coming to Italy for the first time, or returning after residing abroad, benefit from very attractive income tax benefits.
Application deadline: 31 March 2023